DI4D has a proven track record of innovation and has been at the forefront of the field in 4D facial performance capture for more than a decade. This is your chance to work as part of a world leading team with key tools and technologies for cutting edge facial animation across diverse projects including games, TV and film. We are looking for some talented and motivated people to join our team.
Our team of Motion Editors are responsible for creating the stunning facial animation you see in the work we do. The title Motion Editor doesn’t really do them justice, in truth, they are experienced 3D modellers & animators, with a great general knowledge of most 3D and animation packages as well as our extensive suite of in-house technologies. Our Motion Editors use a wide variety of skills every day to ensure that what we produce meets the requirements of the toughest clients in the world, in one of the most demanding fields in CG – realistic facial animation.
The job of Facial Performance Motion Editor involves using Dimensional Imaging’s proprietary software to assist our automated tracking process in tracking 3D meshes to generate 3D facial animation. The role would suit someone with experience of 3D modelling packages and 3D animation skills, but also requires a little technical knowledge to understand the tracking pipeline and to keep data well organised at all times. Full training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge technology that is revolutionising the games industry and to be involved in creating content for some very high profile projects. Short term temporary contract starting soon, possibly leading to longer term opportunities.
- A relevant graduate degree incorporating 3D Animation or 3D Modelling.
- 3D modelling skills.
- Familiarity with any of 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity etc
- Good understanding of 3D geometric primitives: triangles, polygons etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Desire to develop new skills and learn about new technologies.
- Applicants must have permission to live and work in the UK.
- Familiarity with animation pipelines.
- Familiarity with motion capture data and cleanup.
- Experience with scripting languages.
If you think you’re right for us – send your CV and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org